Coghlan'sŪ Magnesium Fire Starter (Model 7870)
A must for every overnight outing. This fire starter lets you light fires with ease, even when your tinder is damp! Uses magnesium shavings which light easily with a spark and burn as hot as 5400 F. Yet, the block itself is safe and won't light accidently. One fire starter should provide sufficient shavings to start hundreds of fires. Detail use directions are on the back of the card.
- 3" long x 1" wide x 3/8" thick.
- Includes waterproof flint match.
- Start fires without matches.
- Tinder lights even when damp.
- Shave a small pile of magnesium from block with ordinary sharp camp knife.
- Gather small pile of tinder next to magnesium pile.
- Scrape the length of the built-in flint with the spine of camp knife to generate sparks while aiming the sparks at the magnesium pile.
- The magnesium will burn quickly and hotly. Add tinder to keep the fire burning.