The "Benton County" Emergency Vehicle Kit
Benton County Oregon is nestled against the foothills of the Coast Range, and is just a short distance from the mighty Cascade Mountains. The Benton County Sheriff's Office (BCSO) and associated Search and Rescue organizations are more than familiar with the difficulties people get into while driving on vacations, back roads, and in the winter months.
Based on their experience, the BCSO Office of Emergency Management published the following brochures to aid travelers in travel preparedness.
The information in these brochures inspired Red-E Supply to assemble this great kit to help you meet these recommendations.
Add your own: clothes, medications, food, water, maps and other items for your specific needs, and you are set to go!
THIS KIT INCLUDES: ALL IN A HANDY RED SPORTS BAG LABELED "SURVIVAL KIT"
- Compass: Deluxe Map Compass
- Whistle: STORMTM (or equivalent)- World's loudest whistle
Flares (2): 15-minute red road flares great for signaling & lighting fires These are no longer shippable by our carriers. We have substituted 4 additional Light Sticks.
- Ice Scraper: Heavy duty
- Flashlight: LED w/batteries and spare batteries
- Light Sticks (4): 12-hr. bright white glow sticks
- Plastic Bags (2): Bright orange heavy duty bags (2) shelter, raincoat, storage, signaling, etc.!
- Rain Poncho(4): Compact, disposable
- Work Gloves: 1-pr. leather, size L (or specify)
- Emergency Blankets (4): "Space" style reflective mylar- really work!
- Hand Warmers (4): Two Pack. React with air and get nice and toasty warm.
- Collapsible Water Container: 2-gallon carrier to store or get water.
- Water Treatment Tablet: Coghlan'sŪ 2-step treatment. makes lake or stream water safe to drink
- Emergency Food Ration: SOSŪ 3600-calorie food bar pleasant shortbread flavor
- First Aid Kit: Medium Size kit
- Multitool: Numerous uses.
- Safety Vest: Bright Red disposable style.
- Waterproof matches: see 5-in-1 tool
- 5-in-1 Tool: Match box w/25 matches, whistle, mirror, compass, flint all in one tool!
- Candles (2): Not just for light, one candle can warm a car.
- Fire Extinguisher: B-C single-use extinguisher
- Folding Shovel w/Saw: This shovel has a saw that hides in the handle. Can save your life!
- 3" Lock-blade Knife: A good sturdy knife for all emergency cutting needs
- Toilet Paper: 2 personal size tubeless rolls Biodegradable
YOU SHOULD ALSO HAVE: Think about it... what will you need if you get stuck for days?
- Detailed Maps of areas you will be traveling
- Extra warm clothing
- Your own rain gear, if you have it
- Warm hats- much of the body's heat loss is from the head
- A wool blanket
- Plenty of water: for drinking and the engine
- Snack food or even meals
- Medications- don't forget them, you may need them!
- Radio- if your car radio does not work
- Basic tool set- depending on your level of mechanical skill
- Chains &/or traction mats
- & More!
Customize it for YOUR Family!
All Red-E Kits are made to order.
Call us at 866-618-4911